May 13, 2013

First Time voter

Today wasn't an ordinary day, election day. Not the Presidential election, but I think it is called Midterm election something. Since I turned 18 last year, I got registered as a voter a couple months after my birthday.
I remember the jealous feeling back in 2010 during the Presidential election, I wished back then that sixteens  were already allowed to vote. Obviously I was a different person three years ago, in some ways. My brother on the other hand was very excited to vote since a few weeks ago, he asked questions to my parents. Stupid ones actually! haha. Then my Mother told us who we should vote for- which I think is very inappropriate. My father, well, my usual father who is so like me. Silent but I know he's very wise with his decisions.
Yesterday, rather last night I caught a cold. So I was really sick this morning and the headache made it worse. My mother was screaming at me, she doesn't want to vote at noon for she's going somewhere. haix! I knew my precint since I checked it on the website last night (wow! responsible) but looking for that precint was difficult. I passed by it many times. ha! Finally I found 1190B and looked for my name on the list just to be sure. And of course I joined the line. How I hate lines. When it was my turn, I was so surprised with the ballot. It was long. I felt a bit dizzy, I left my eyeglasses. Most voters were covering their ballot with the folder on the armdesk like in exams. I didn't do it. Even in exams. So, I voted for 4 Senators out of 12, 4 counselors out of 8, no party list- why? there were tons of them, it said vote for 1, this government is so wrong! I voted for mayor of course, vice mayor and congressman. The ink on my nail isn't a mess, thank you to that lady for doing a good job.
After that, I went to look for my parents, they were still waiting for their turn. Which was a good thing. I thing this is the best thing that happened to me today. The last time I went to visit my elementary school was in my sophomore year in high school. Years passed and now the school looked different. I went for a walk around the campus, there are new buildings, mini parks. Beautiful! It was so beautiful! Seven years ago I used to play with my classmates, there were no buildings there only boulders, trees. Oh God! I miss those times. I can't wait to be with them again, only a few months from now.
It's already past 10 and there are already results, partial and unofficial. I don't know! People are posting their sentiments now, why this certain candidate shouldn't be on the list blah blah blah. I understand them though,  sixteen year old me does. Whoever does win, just do your fuckin' job, okay?! Don't ever steal and be smart.  
Politics isn't really my thing.

No comments: