Apr 18, 2013

this is not Goodreads!


(Requiem by Lauren Oliver, Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel, Raven by Lauren Oliver, The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald, The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick, Every Day by David Levithan, Hush Hush (#1) by Becca Fitzpatrick, Crescendo (Hush Hush #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick, Silence (Hush Hush #3) by Becca Fitzpatrick, Finale (Hush Hush #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick)


Those above are the books I have finished reading since March 25. Since it's vacation, I have plenty of time to read but due to my poor eyesight I have to limit the hours I read to avoid headache and my Mother's rants.

Delirium Stories: Hana, Annabel & Raven: (book) Since I have already read Hana's POV last year, I didn't read it again. Annabel's POV,was a big help. She's Lena's mother and her character was very mysterious. Raven's POV on the other hand gave me tears. She counted her story on how she got Blue. Oh Raven! If you've read the two previous book of the trilogy, you must also read the short stories including Alex's before reading the third book.
Requiem: (book) The last book in the Delirium trilogy. The book contains Lena and Hana's POV. Which I really enjoyed. Change of scenes and happenings. Lauren Oliver made this very unpredictable, Requiem was almost perfect except the ending. I hated it! Lauren Oliver broke my heart. PS! Alex's POV can also be found at the last pages.
The Great Gatsby: (ebook) I challenged myself to read this classic novel. It took me days to finish this. I really didn't enjoy it. The story was good but it didn't give me feels.
The Silver Linings Playbook: (ebook) It was last year when I first heard about the movie. Two of my favorite celebrities, Hottest Man of 2011 Bradley Cooper and the Queen of Derps Jennifer Lawrence. The movie was such a great hit and I was a complete loser to not watch it. But really not. I decided to read it first before getting a copy of the movie from my friend. Enough with the movie. Let's talk about the novel. WOW! Beautifully-written. Pat Peoples is the main character and also the narrator. He was like Charlie from The Perks of Being a Wallflower, just an older version of Charlie. haha. This book is a spoiler of classic novels! I love the book so much. 5 out of 5.
Every Day: (ebook) This is a story of A who lives in a different body every day. I have so many questions when I finished reading it. I wanted more of it. and yeah, I cried. Just read this book, okay!
Hush Hush: (ebook) I've been planning on reading this since last year, I didn't trust my instincts then. So, this is about angels. Fallen angels, stuff like that. This was good. I first thought it was similar to the Twilight Saga. Hell yeah! Somehow.
Crescendo: (ebook) Worst book in the series! Nora Grey is the protagonist. A stupid, envious main character. I wanted to stop reading it but I'm not really that type of person. My patience was already at the bottom.
Silence: (ebook) Better than the previous one. This is just like a recall of the second book actually. Stupid romance, really!
Finale: (ebook) You have no idea how happy I was that I made it to the last book. Well, this turned out to a good one. Best book in the series! I loved the characters, Vee especially, Scott, Marcie. I still didn't like Nora. She was still really stupid and damn envious. Patch, the fallen angel, I also didn't really like him. I felt no sincerity in him. I hated their romance. They kept on repeating what they tell each other and Nora was so annoying. This is the first time I wanted to kill the main character of the book. As I said, this was good. There was a lil tear for Scott from me. (If you're like me, don't read this saga. It's a waste of time, read other books)



 Looking for Alaska by John Green

Last month, my Mother bought me the John Green box set, it has 4 books in it: Looking for Alaska, Abundance of Katherine, Paper Towns, and The Fault in Our Stars. Thank you again Ma!
So, John Green! We meet again. I have read The Fault in Our Stars couple months ago. No matter how I wanted to hate John Green for killing Augustus (spoiler!) I just couldn't. So, now I'm currently reading Looking for Alaska, have finished few pages since yesterday. So far, he hasn't killed anybody. I just don't know what to expect. This is his first book, I think. First ed, 2005.

No comments: