Oct 28, 2012

Halloween.

People attend costume parties during Halloween; dressed as a super hero, some famous celebrity or icon or even a stuffed olive!,  chocolates and candies are given for free in the neighborhood for kids. Well, those are just some activities I see on tv and movies. Unfortunately, it's not the tradition here. Maybe in some parts of this country, people do it. I really haven't heard of any Halloween costume parties in my place, I'm not really sure but I'm certain I didn't attend even one. lol
When I was a kid, my Mum used to put some halloween decorations around the house and each year my brother and I had new scary masks and we used to play with it. Yeah, of course it stopped when we started growing up. I got used to it for the past years, I didn't rant about it except for now. Swear to God! There are no good horror shows on tv. I was expecting star movies and hbo to have a good line up of movies during this season. Sad to say, they don't. For star movies, they have this new thing on their channel called The Terror Zone, it's like the Happy hour, Sweet flicks and Action hall of fame. From the title itself, Terror, the movie should deliver intense fear. Whoa! Screw this! Their movies in that category are shame! Anaconda films? Worse is, the twilight saga: eclipse! what the! I can't explain how discouraging this is for me. lol. I love horror films a lot, not suspense or stupid vampire love films. No hating, just saying!
As an annual tradition, every November 1 we do visit our relatives/friends graves in the cemetery, some do stay overnight. It's fine for me to visit the cemetery. I have this phobia called Necrophobia, I am so petrified of coffins and corpses, the reason why I don't go to funerals, I have done it before but I always cry before entering the room and my heartbeat wasn't normal, even typing this makes my hand shaky. omg! It's not really easy to have this, other people don't understand necrophobics, they're not aware that this kind of fear exists. I've tried to conquer this before but I'm really scared. I mentioned that I do really love horror films, yess! I don't get easily scared, I am silent every time I watch a horror movie but directors know how to insert coffins in the plot of their movie and that's the time I scream and freak out. Great ha! Not fun. geez.

No comments: